Any suggestions on how to get insurance for my newborn?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Any suggestions on how to get insurance for my newborn?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Im currently pregnant with my first child. Im 19 and a full time student so I am still covered under my mom’s insurance. I have not been able to work since earlier in my pregnancy due to complications but have been able to stay in college thanks to online classes.
    Now, my son is going to be born any day and I have no idea how to go about getting insurance for him. I still live with my parents so the Medicaid office is wanting to use her income as part of my household income. This automatically disqualifies me for any state help. Ive been trying to call my insurance company and see what my options were and apparently, my child wont even get the 30 day post birth coverage since he will be a dependent of a dependent.
    What can I do? Is there anyway for me to get insurance for him? Im so confused with this entire process and it doesnt seem like anyone can give me a straight answer.

If it helps, I live in Texas and am currently covered under Blue Cross Blue Shield.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password