Amex is giving out FICO scores now in CLI denials

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Amex is giving out FICO scores now in CLI denials

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I applied for a CLI, declined because amex hates me, BUT I got the decline notice, and it says this:

Dear jthedges,

Thank you for your recent request for a line of credit increase on your American ExpressÃ’*Card Account.

We regret to inform you that your request has been declined.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Our scoring of your credit and other relevant information**(See below)

We evaluated your application using a credit scoring system that considers various pieces of information including your credit report.**The following key factors contributed to our evaluation:

Your FICO®*score (See below)

The number of creditors who have reviewed your credit report.

The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short.

Information About Your FICO®*Score

We obtained your FICO score from Experian and used it in making our credit decision.**Your FICO score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report.*Your FICO score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.**On May 25, 2011, your FICO score was 719.**The FICO score ranges from 300 to 850.**The following are the key factors that contributed to your FICO score:

Length of time accounts have been established.

Proportion of loan balances to loan amount is too high.

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months

This is interesting, anyone else get something like this??

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password