A debt collector came to my door and insisted on a cash payment!?

Tips and Deals Forums Debt Management Debt Management A debt collector came to my door and insisted on a cash payment!?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years ago.

• Author

Anonymous

A debt collector came to my door and insisted on a cash payment! I have recently had some problems come up about the debt owed to the company. I looked over my receipts and started noticing where I made a payment and then on the same day there would be a charge of almost the same amount. I contacted the general manager for the company and have made arrangements to pay through another local office. Today the agent that I had called and complained about came to my house. She informed me that my payment was due and I informed her that I would be making my payment in another office. She kept trying to insist that I pay her the payment and in cash. I told her I did not have that amount of cash on me and I would pay it in another office. Also, she claimed I owed over double my monthly payment and that it needed to be paid in cash. Is this legal?
    She was the agent that I originally obtained the loan from. It is a local company and my payments are up to date.
    I am located in North Carolina and it is American General.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password