Article Score0

I’m purchasing a home in Union NJ and the back of the house is in an AE zone and the rest is in a 500yr, any idea what it would cost for flood insurance?
Sorry- coverage for 265K— deductable??? no sure how it works? is it like car insurance?

2 Thoughts on flood insurance premiums?
  1. Reply
    December 9, 2011 at 2:38 am

    Nope, especially since you didn’t say how MUCH coverage you’re going to need to buy, or what the deductible is.

    Rates are set by FEMA, though, so it is what it is.

    You get charged based on the highest rating. It’s not true that only a corner of the house is rated AE, and the rest is Z. If a corner is AE, the entire house gets AE rates.

  2. Reply
    December 9, 2011 at 3:13 am

    Maximum coverage you can get on the house is $ 250,000.

    Call a local agent for a quote. The premium is the same no matter which agent you use. A link is below for more information.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password