Article Score0

We owned a house, two cars and 1 credit card together. We leased to own our house and relocated to another part of the county. I had yet to find a job when our tenants bailed on their contract and ex-hubby cheated on me.

I moved in with a male friend and it took awhile find a job. I could not afford to pay for our mortgage, cars and credit card in time. He refused to sell or rent out the house, but would not pay on it either. I did not have the money to bring him to court before the house got forclosed on. So we lost the house, the cars have been repossed and the credit card charged off.

I am now looking to try to repair my life and possiblly buy a home in the future, but I don’t know where to begin? Should I file BK? I can’t afford to pay back the money.

1 Thought on Ex-husband left me high and dry.Should I Declare Bankruptcy?
  1. Reply
    October 14, 2011 at 11:57 pm

    The problem with BK is it wrecks your credit, but it sounds like yours is already wrecked and you need a fresh start.

    Yes, yours is a classic case of why BK was invented.

    Get a fresh start, hon. The BK will haunt you for a while, but if you avoid credit and live on cash and start the credit buidling SLOWLY you’ll do fine.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password