Article Score0

I have a non peril listed policy and have been told if it isn’t written specifically saying it’s not covered then it is. I paid $ 1200.00 for this t.v plus bought the 2 year extended coverage and I have the receipt in my safe. Please guide me in the ways of insurance!
My agent will not give me a straight answer nor will the people who answer the phones at the 800 number we have. My deductable is $ 100.00.

5 Thoughts on Does homeowners insurance cover my 47 inch T.V. if it get broken because a rock went through my window?
  1. Reply
    Derek w
    January 27, 2013 at 8:18 pm

    contact your agent they can interpret your policy but it might not be worth it depending on your deductible.

  2. Reply
    January 27, 2013 at 8:28 pm

    I know StateFarm has awesome policies and also Allstate.. I had a Rental policy with Allstate and it was very cheap around 14.00 a month.. StateFarm was cheaper but they have stricter guidelines.

    Hope this helped.. Good Luck!

  3. Reply
    January 27, 2013 at 9:12 pm

    Your only option is to file a claim with your insurance company. At that time, it will be assigned to an adjuster who has to determine if the damages are covered under your policy or not. If covered, they will pay minus your deductible, or deny it due to it not being covered.

    As for the 800 number, you usually get a customer service agent who has no training or experience in claims and even can get answers saying either yes/no which may or not be correct.

    But since you have an agent, he is getting paid a percentage of your premium, so if he is any good, he needs to talk to an adjuster there at the company for a straight answer. He should call and ask the 800 number to be transferred to an adjuster. Most companies tell employees to treat agents well since they bring in business.

    good luck

  4. Reply
    January 27, 2013 at 9:50 pm

    Unfortunately your agent is the only one that can give you a definite answer. No one here can see your policy wordings, so no one on this forum knows for sure. If your agent can’t give you a straight answer ask to speak to another agent who can.

  5. Reply
    January 27, 2013 at 10:38 pm

    Vandalism is a covered peril.

    As long as the television was broken by the rock hitting it, after it went through the window, AND you filed a vandalism report with the police department at the time, it will be covered, subject to your deductible – which, btw, is absurdly low at $ 100.

    The extended warranty isn’t covered, though.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password