5 Thoughts on does anyone know of a website that compares prices for home insurance for thatched properties ?
  1. Reply
    April 22, 2012 at 2:53 am


  2. Reply
    April 22, 2012 at 3:03 am

    you could try http://www.moneysupermarket.com they deal with all sort of things but insurance is one of them. All you do is click on which area you want to research i/e insurance, enter your details and they will search different insurance companies for you, not sure if they deal with thatched roofs tho.

  3. Reply
    Dan Insurance Man
    April 22, 2012 at 3:24 am

    Normally your local insurance broker should have access to several different companies who can cover thatched properties- giving you a fair view of the market.

    Go to your local broker. Alternatively we have several companies who will insure thatched properties.


    PS- This insurance section of Yahoo answers seems completely obsessed with confused.com. Confused really only does what insurance brokers have been doing for decades.

    Although a broker will give you advice to make sure the cover suits your needs (a website doesn’t care if you have special requirements) & they will assist you if you have a claim

  4. Reply
    April 22, 2012 at 3:34 am

    I’d go with a specialist policy for a specialist property. Your home is the most valuable asset you’ll ever own so cheapest isn’t necessarily best in these circumstances!

    There are plenty of schemes out there (through brokers) for specialist properties. I’d tend to go down that route rather than the “bargain basement” culture of comparison sites.

  5. Reply
    April 22, 2012 at 4:21 am

    Check out http://www.moneysavingexpert.com

    Seriously good advice and excellent forum. Probably find a thread in the forum for thatched properties.

    Hope this helps.


    Is your life in shreds?

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password