Article Score0

I am the executor/rix and have been initiating the probate process which is coming to a close.
The home was willed to me and now I need to transfer it into my name.
I was the caregiver to my Mom for several years and have no intention of selling the home.
Would a quit claim deed suffice?
Thanks for your help.
(WA state)
I am not using an attorney and have been conducting the probate myself. I have to transfer the home into my name before I close the probate.
Now I’m more confused…I told that I can use a quit claim deed. I am to state in the “grantor” section of the deed to write down I am the executor /rix/my name. That as executor I have been given authority by the Superior Court to administer said will according to law. The home was willed to me.
I was also told that I need to use a “personal representatives deed”. A quit claim deed and the personal rep deed look exactly the same except for the heading.
ooo no… another deed called a “probate deed”? I have not heard of that one at all. Maybe they don’t use those in Washington state?

2 Thoughts on Do you use a Quit Claim or Personal Rep deed to transfer a home into your name?
  1. Reply
    October 27, 2011 at 4:22 am

    You can not use a quit claim deed as the owner is deceased. The attorney handling the probate should be able to help you transfer title once the court gives you the necessary paper work.

  2. Reply
    October 27, 2011 at 4:44 am

    No, it is literally a Probate Deed.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password