Article Score0

we are having insurance for all properties, boyh movable and immovable,life etc..but do we have insurance for an empty land or fertile agricultural land against natural calamities??

5 Thoughts on Do we have insurance for an empty land??
  1. Reply
    June 20, 2011 at 3:10 am

    Agriculture land, or crops, are NOT empty. They are full of crops, and you CAN buy crop insurance.

    Truely empty land – ie, land that you haven’t improved upon, you cannot insure for natural calamities (think, major earthquake, or landslide, where massive amounts just drop off into the ocean never to be seen again).

  2. Reply
    June 20, 2011 at 3:57 am

    You can buy crop insurance. If the land is unimproved, you can and should buy liability coverage to protect you if someone hurts himself on the property, or if you lease the property out for hunting.

  3. Reply
    June 20, 2011 at 4:45 am

    If it’s an empty land and NOT generating any income whatsoever or you dont stand to lose financially if the land is, say, hit by natural calamities, then the answer is “No”.
    But, you may want to consider buying a liability insurance incase a negligence suit is brought on due to damage to nearby third party property as a result of neglect of the insured property. Under such circumstances, ensure that location of risk reads as “on or ABOUT” the said location of risk.

  4. Reply
    June 20, 2011 at 5:14 am

    Check with your agent. Many homeowners policies will extend liability to vacant property (no buildings) automatically. If there are buildings you need to purchase the liability insurance. It is extremely cheap to add it to the homeowners policy.

  5. Reply
    June 20, 2011 at 6:14 am


    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password