Article Score0

I was in the Marine Reserves, and right after my 4 years of active reserves, I was involuntarily discharged (medical). I was told I was in the IRR by my unit, but when I contacted the IRR to put in a change of address, they informed me I was discharged. I am trying to find out if I am still eligible for a home loan even though I have less than the 6 years the VA website shows is a requirement. I do not have a DD214 or DD256. If I was discharged, do I receive the DD214/DD256 right away, or will I still be required to wait until my end of contract date?

1 Thought on Do I qualify for a VA Home Loan?
  1. Reply
    February 8, 2014 at 3:07 pm

    You need to find a mortgage broker who is well versed in VA loans. Typically you can find these types at the larger banks. I once had a client several years ago with similar circumstances and I was told that as long as you were in the service long enough to earn a certain amount of “points” on your DDR214 you were good to go and this form is required to receive a VA loan. If you can’t find yours, you can apply for another copy (see link)

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password