Article Score0

There are not many details, except that I do not think I should. I took 6th August and statements received from debt collection agencies in May. It’s a balance, because they hid my deposit. I now live in South Carolina.

7 Thoughts on Deteriorating housing unpaid ($ 420) facing credit bureaus (Houston, TX).?
  1. Reply
    November 20, 2012 at 5:39 pm

    If a collection agency has the account, it has already been reported to at least one credit bureau, in all likelihood all three.

    You can try battling it out with the collection agency or you could sue your former landlord, the problem being, if he or she can prove you owe the money, you’ll end up getting slapped with a judgment for the $ 420 and maybe some legal fees, too. If you’re confident you can prove otherwise, you will prevail and you will be able to collect damages from the landlord for having reported the bogus debt.

  2. Reply
    November 20, 2012 at 5:40 pm

    The collection agency will, most likely, report you to the credit bureaus. The Apartment complex itself might not report to the credit bureaus, but they might subscribe to a Apartment leasing clearing house which may surface when you try to rent another apartment..
    In the future, ALWAYS, make the apartment manager “walk” the apartment with you before you move out. If he or she claims that they do not have time, make them signed off on any damages. Therefore, if there are damages, it will give you a chance to make repairs.

  3. Reply
    The Thinker
    November 20, 2012 at 6:06 pm

    Yes and it will follow you wherever you go, collection agencies have wonderful skip tracing programs and person ell… its what they do and they are very good at it!
    I used to work for one of the top debt collection agencies in the USA. * they already found you didn`t they? dont worry a judgment only stays on the records for life unless you clear it up with them and even if you do? its still on your record for a little over 10 yrs… after the judgement is solvent… if not they jsut renew it n ruin your creddit rating again for another 10 yrs with the click of one hot key on their computers!

  4. Reply
    November 20, 2012 at 6:44 pm

    Yes, it is an unpaid debt and can be reported to the credit bureaus. Any unpaid debt can be reported. Obviously the management firm thinks you owe it and skipped out on paying it.

    If you want this removed, call your former management firm to discuss why you really think it is not owed. However, at this stage, don’t expect much cooperation. The time for you to have settled this was at the time you vacated the premises.

  5. Reply
    November 20, 2012 at 7:41 pm

    Yes it can be reported if the landlord says you owe it. If the amount is in dispute you need to request a validation letter from the collecton agency.

    In this case you need to have an itemized statement showing what the $ 420 makes up, such as painting, missing fixtures..etc. They can not just send you a bill for $ 420 without telling you what it is for. Be sure you do this by Certified Mail with a return receipt, to have proof that they got it. If they do not respond to you in 30 days you can then write the credit reporting agenices to have it removed because it was not validated.

    Now, if it was validated and they gave you a statement you would have to talk to the landlord about the amount in dispute. If that does not work you would have to file a small claims case and let a judge decide if you owe it or not.

  6. Reply
    amy-marie r
    November 20, 2012 at 7:44 pm

    whenever you move out of rental property you should document with pic’ and match them to the pic’s you took moving in. if possible have management or landlord go over the property when you move out so you may discuss your maintenance deposit. of course this is too late for you. you should file a wrongful charge with the credit bureaus and if you can bring an attorney into the mix. you can have this charge on your credit for years(how many depends on state) the credit collections can extend the statute of limitations by calling you just prior to its expiration and talking with you about it. do not talk to them if it is to expire because it extends the bad credit however many years again. you may want to email suzy orman and see what free advice she may have. the collections figure the charge is low so they will go after you and you really don’t have proof so you will pay it. you may find it is best to pay it so you can clear your credit but look at your options first to see what you can do. start today by calling the 4 credit agencies and letting them know you want to fight the claim as wrongful charge they may let you know where to go next.

  7. Reply
    November 20, 2012 at 8:13 pm

    If it is in collections it will be on your credit.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password