Article Score0

I got a copy of my credit report and sent letters to the various collection agencies asking for them to verify my debt. Three of the letters came back as undeliverable.

I would like to start repairing my credit but since the addresses are no longer valid, what should I do next? I don’t want to send money to agencies that no longer exist/own my debt.

8 Thoughts on Contact information for collection agencies is invalid on my credit report. How do I resolve the disputes?
  1. Reply
    Sean M
    July 18, 2011 at 2:27 am

    beat them with a hammer

  2. Reply
    Hawaii Warm
    July 18, 2011 at 2:32 am

    Hi there,

    1st – you need to send the letters to the three major credit agencies. Not the collection agencies themselves. When you file your dispute letter the credit agencies will validate and the information. If the credit agency can not validate your dispute they delete it off your credit report.

    An excellent site to go to is –

    The sight wallks you through every step all the way until your credit profile is good again.

  3. Reply
    July 18, 2011 at 3:32 am

    send the returned envelopes to the credit bureau, ans ask them to check into it. Or call the BBB, and see if the people have moved and the new address. I let the Credit Bureaus clear up all of my problems.

  4. Reply
    July 18, 2011 at 4:06 am

    Have you google’d these companies? Do you know what state they are in? Sometimes you can goto the Secretary of State or the BBB to get their correct address.

  5. Reply
    Duane B
    July 18, 2011 at 4:45 am

    Go to the website below too. This one is still develloping, but it has promise. Your situation definitely falls under credit repair. This site is a good one and has something for everyone!

  6. Reply
    Ask M
    July 18, 2011 at 5:03 am

    write the credit reporting agencies, telling them that the
    address came back undeliverable (make a copy of
    the envelope) and ask them to remove it because
    they are unverifiable and therefore you cannot validate
    the debt.

    creditinfocenter com
    budhibbs com

  7. Reply
    July 18, 2011 at 5:28 am

    Ask M is correct

  8. Reply
    July 18, 2011 at 6:24 am

    Everyone is a little off on their answers….do your homework people! Look up your answer or I will point and laugh at you!!!!

    Follow these steps and it will get resolved.

    If you have not done this yet, send a dispute letter to each of the credit bureaus and dispute the items.

    By law, they must contact the creditor and “verify” that the debt is correct. If the creditor responds, the info will stay on your report. If they file to respond within 30 days, the item must automatically be deleted from your report.

    So what happens if it’s validated? Obviously, the credit bureau has a phone number, name, or address that they used to contact the creditor, right?

    Once again, we must look at the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which says:

    …..if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

    In other words, you send the CRA a letter asking them how the managed to verify this information, when the info listed on your credit report is not the correct contact info?

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password