Article Score0

My husband has cheated on me, lied, taken money from our joint account and hid it, etc. I want to leave him and I am considering requesting my portion of the sale of our home be given to me as an individual instead of a joint release of funds but I need to know if it can be done without an attorney.

3 Thoughts on Can one request money be dispersed individually to husband and wife when escrow closes on your home?
  1. Reply
    Abby Normal
    October 26, 2011 at 3:35 am

    If the house is in both of your names, then the check will be. Get an attorney!

  2. Reply
    October 26, 2011 at 3:40 am

    If BOTH you and your husband request it and sign off on the title company’s attorney’s release, it should work. If only one of you requests it – no way.

  3. Reply
    October 26, 2011 at 4:10 am

    The check will be cut to the registered owners of the home. That means to both of you. You will need to sign it, as well has he will need to sign it. You won’t find a title/escrow firm which will do it any other way.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password