Article Score0

So we just bought a house (foreclosure) and we are waiting on our hud statement so we can file an amendment to get the first time home-buyers tax credit. I don’t know how long an amendment takes but I need to fill out my fafsa so I can register for summer classes. Is it okay to fill out the fafsa now or do I need to wait until I get the amendment taken care of?

2 Thoughts on Can I fill out my fafsa if I still need to file an amendment?
  1. Reply
    Bostonian In MO
    July 23, 2011 at 11:34 pm

    Fill out your FAFSA using the currently available information from your return as filed.

  2. Reply
    July 24, 2011 at 12:05 am

    The amendment would take too long. It would be too late for that. I don’t know that it would make that much difference anyway.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password