Article Score0

I signed a 9 month contract with my agent that allows him to sell my home. I have regretted signing with him from day one. I dont feel he is performing and marketing my home based on what we agreed on. Is there a way to back out of the contract without legal implications if the agent agrees to it? If so, what would be needed to do this?

7 Thoughts on Am I able to rescind an agreement with my real estate agent to sell my home after I have signed a contract?
  1. Reply
    January 13, 2013 at 2:31 am

    Uh – read your contract. I am sure there is an out in there somewhere.

  2. Reply
    January 13, 2013 at 2:52 am

    1.Read the contract for the exemption

    2.Go to the broker of the agency with your complaints.
    Have a list of your complaints.

    3.Go to the agency that controls Realtors in your state.

    4.In Florida it is called FREC (Florida Real Estate Commission.)

  3. Reply
    John W
    January 13, 2013 at 3:23 am

    Any agreement can be rescinded, though it may cost you some for work performed thus far. Speak with the agent and if you get no where, hire an attorney – one letter from the attorney will probably resolve it.

  4. Reply
    January 13, 2013 at 4:03 am

    Create a release and have your agent sign it. Be sure to outline that he is entitled to no damages for breaking the agreement and get him to say that he gives up all benefits he might be entitled to under the agreement to list and that the release is unconditional.

  5. Reply
    January 13, 2013 at 4:25 am

    if the agent agrees it should not be a problem, ask for an unconditional agreement to terminate the contract, does happen in the industry,

  6. Reply
    January 13, 2013 at 4:44 am

    I think you signed with my old realtor. If he is not in business for himself, go to the head of the agency he works for. List your concerns and complaints. They likely will let you out of the contract and/or offer to re-assign you to another realtor within the agency.

  7. Reply
    Mary B
    January 13, 2013 at 5:26 am

    No, you won’t be able to do it without getting sued by his COMPANY.

    If you are unhappy with the service, then call the broker-in-charge because that is who the listing belongs to, not the agent.

    The BIC isn’t going to let you out of a contract just like that, especially since you have a standing offer, regardless of how unhappy you are with the agent…they will simply assign another agent to complete the transaction and YES they can do that.

    The agent/company won’t agree to it…trust me. No agent is going to bring you a buyer and then flush his paycheck down the toilet.

    The home, legally doesn’t even have to close for the agent to be entitled to a commission as most states have the “ready, willing, and able” clause a standard real estate practice.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password