Article Score0

ok so im going to buy my house in full. so no morgage.
what i want to no is
how much is it to own and run a house?
utilities (centeral cooling and heating)
year taxes
also if your in arizona(snowflake) that would help to

  1. Reply
    October 30, 2011 at 12:46 am

    Not in Arizona, sorry.

    My electric usually runs around $ 100.00 a month.
    Water is $ 55.00 a month.
    Gas is lower in Summer, about $ 50.00..higher in winter, about $ 90.00
    Taxes in my area are around $ 1400.00 a year
    Insurance is $ 100.00 a month

    You also have to factor in ANY repair costs. If your furnace, dishwasher, air conditioner, plumbing, ..anything breaks, you have to fix it. That’s the worst part of owning a home IMO.

  2. Reply
    Peter G
    October 30, 2011 at 1:33 am

    4.5 a year

  3. Reply
    Karen L
    October 30, 2011 at 1:48 am

    Nobody can answer this accurately, even someone who lives in Snowflake. You haven’t given enough information. How big is the house? It will obviously cost a lot more to heat and cool a 5000 square foot house than a 1000 square foot one. How much you pay in taxes might depend how much the house is worth, I don’t know how they do it in Arizona but in most places you pay more tax on an expensive house than a cheaper one. Insurance is variable too, depending what coverage you choose. Does this house have a fire hydrant on the front lawn, or does the fire department have to bring a water truck from 20 miles away to fight a fire? If it’s the 20 miles, you’ll pay more. Does this house have a hot tub or a pool? It will cost extra to run that. Where does the water come from? Will you pay for operating a well, or does the water come from a municipal supply? You should be able to find out all this stuff for a specific property by calling the local government offices and local utilities.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password