Hey there forums members! Have you ever been impacted in your financial journey to obtain a new mortgage loan by relying on a “credit score” you thought was a FICO® Score? We want to hear your story. Genuine FICO Scores are used in over 90% of lending decisions, while other “credit scores” (often referred to as FAKO scores) are rarely or never used by lenders to grant credit. Your story could help other consumers who find themselves in a similar situation. Have a FAKO story you’d like to share? Simply reply to this thread with your answers to the questions below.
- Where did you get your FAKO score?
- Which FAKO score did you receive and from which bureau?
- Where did you get your genuine FICO® Score?
- Which FICO® Score did you receive and from which bureau?
- What type of loan/credit were you applying for? (type, rate, terms, etc. are all helpful)
- Share your FAKO story (What was your first impression when you received your FAKO score? How did you figure out that it was not a FICO® Score or that it was different than a FICO® Score? How did the FAKO score impact your loan/credit experience? )