Article Score0

Can I just simply cancel the claim with my insurance? I own the car outright, it has a clean title and there is only cosmetic damage.

From what I understand if a car is deemed a total loss, then in order to receive payment from insurance I have to give them my car, which I don’t want to do. I’d rather just cancel the claim and take care of the minor damages myself.

I’m in Arizona, if that makes a difference.
the estimate I got was $ 3,600 – I don’t know the fair market value on the car, but I’m sure it’s a little less than that. But I don’t really want to part with the car, I like it!

4 Thoughts on My car has minor cosmetic damage from a hail storm, I filed a claim but the shop said the car is a total loss?
  1. Reply
    steve mcboob
    September 12, 2012 at 10:24 pm

    The cost of the repair must me bore than the worth of the car so it’s totaled you better give it to them if you want anything out of this.

  2. Reply
    September 12, 2012 at 11:23 pm

    Yes, you can cancel the claim

  3. Reply
    September 12, 2012 at 11:57 pm

    Cancel the claim, and just go to a place like Maaco that can paint over the damage. If the damage is minor and cosmetic, then you do not need a real shop, especially if you are not using insurance.

  4. Reply
    September 13, 2012 at 12:01 am

    Cancelling the claim won’t do you any good, it will still count against you, with “nothing paid”.

    You CAN keep your car – take the money for damages, minus the salvage value, and get a salvage title on your car. You can pocket the money, and drive a pock marked car, LOL!

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password