Article Score0

So I was just wondering, if you buy a condo in a building
Is the company that manages the condo liable for any damages caused by the building.
For example, if the building started having mould spreading and everybodies apartments got moulded up.
Or like, if rats infest the building and chew though your walls.
If something from the building causes your property value to go down is that just something you have to take or does the building have to pay you?

4 Thoughts on If you buy an apartment in a building, is someone liable for keeping the building in good shape?
  1. Reply
    Sophie Winter
    March 18, 2013 at 10:31 am

    Yep – but it’s your job to keep your apartment alright and if anything goes wrong in your apartment, it’s down to you. Unless if it’s there fault or they caused it etc..

  2. Reply
    March 18, 2013 at 10:33 am

    They are the owner so yes it has safty procautions which have to be fulfilled and up to date.

  3. Reply
    falsi fiable
    March 18, 2013 at 10:45 am

    Your homeowners association, of which you are a member, is responsible for building maintenance. Tread very carefully. Some associations are well run, but many are not.

    Monthly homeowners dues should run $ 200 or more. Could be close to $ 1000 for a security complex with a concierge/doorman.

  4. Reply
    the kid
    March 18, 2013 at 10:49 am

    You are resonsible for your unit. The association is responsible for the building and common areas. If you get mold in your unit, the cost is on you. If there are rats, you do pest contorl in your unit, they do it in the common areas.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password