Article Score0

I am looking for a mortgage on a home that is currently residential, but zoned commercial/mixed – the house would remain residential – I need to find a company that can handle that kind of mortgage.

8 Thoughts on I need a mortgage on a home that is zoned commercial/mixed – what is a good company to go through?
  1. Reply
    December 28, 2012 at 4:32 pm

    shot me an email i may be able to help you. i’m loan officer an work with may different companyies.

  2. Reply
    James S
    December 28, 2012 at 4:48 pm

    Any company can you just need to get a letter from the city allowing you to rebuild the home if it is destroyed. But the big problem you might have is the apprasial
    email if any questions

  3. Reply
    December 28, 2012 at 5:15 pm


  4. Reply
    December 28, 2012 at 5:56 pm

    If the property is zoned commercial with no commercial building on the property you might have a good chance of getting a very good loan.

    Now you will have to find a mortgage broker that can find a person or mortgage lender that will fund and close on a mixed use property.

    You might have to prove that the house was legally built there and that there is no plans in the near future of adding to the property or using it for commercial use. Your appraiser will be able to solve a lot of possible questions the lender might ask of you.

    When you speak with the mortgage broker you will need to have the following

    #1 Two years of federal income tax returns to include the W2

    #2 Six months of bank statements from each bank you are currently using.

    #3 One month of current pay stubs from each person that will be on the mortgage.

    Make sure you make the mortgage broker aware of the commercial zoning of your home.

    I hope this has been of some use to you, good luck.

    “FIGHT ON”

  5. Reply
    Phil H
    December 28, 2012 at 6:42 pm

    Sunset Mortgage can do it hehe. Email me if you’re interested.

  6. Reply
    December 28, 2012 at 7:41 pm

    You need to contact HBW they write mortgages in all 50 states they do alot of loans for contractors and developers email her at, Her name is kelly. Good luck!!!!

  7. Reply
    December 28, 2012 at 7:44 pm

    I’m a little confused – I’m rusty on my mortgage information, but if I recall correctly, what is the issue with the zoning of the property? I do not recall asking for that on a loan application, but to be fair, I wasn’t a loan officer for more than about a year and a half, and that was 5 years ago. With that said, as long as you can prove that you live at the property that you’re talking about, I don’t understand the problem.

    Who is bringing up the zoning issue? Unless this is an investment property, this sounds pretty weird to me.

  8. Reply
    December 28, 2012 at 7:46 pm

    I have been in the mortgage industry for more than 8 yrs, and am currently the managing a mortgage lender.
    I will tell you right now it will be difficult to get a lender out there that has the ability to lend on these. The main key will be to find a Loan Officer, that has experience, Knowledge, and will be willing to work for the paycheck.
    Make sure that they don’t screw you either. It will probably cost a little more then the average refinance, because of the extra amount of paperwork, and conditions.. Just ask them for a GFE and TIL upfront. And if you don’t trust them, don’t work with them.
    Let me know if you have any other questions about this stuff.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password