Article Score0

my whole property is in the AE flood zone, the flood elev. level is 329′, the property sits at 327′ but the top of the bottom floor sits at 329.8′. my mortgage was sold to a new co. and they are making me increase flood coverage and the coverage they are wanting me to increase to will make my payment around $ 1600 a year rather than $ 900 and thats a big difference for my house payment now. is there any way to get FEMA to take my house out of the flood zone or something? what should i try doing to get my rate down?
i am not asking for my house to be moved… if you know anything about whats going on you would know that i mean remove my house from the flood zone map. the house is almost a foot above the flood elevation zone. so i dont see the need to pay the premium of a house that is totally in the flood zone.

3 Thoughts on how much flood insurance do i really need?
  1. Reply
    July 18, 2011 at 9:57 pm

    You can’t the government has decided you need flood insurance and how much. No only after your home is flooded and destroyed do they pay the Municipality to tear it down. You collect on your insurance.
    It is not the taxpayer’s responsibility to pay to have your house moved

  2. Reply
    July 18, 2011 at 10:28 pm

    You need the lesser of the cost to rebuild your house, or the maximum amount you can buy ($ 250,000 for a single family dwelling).

    The only way to get your house OUT of the flood zone, is to change the whole water flow plain in your neighborhood . . .maybe dig out a bayou or two. You’ll have to talk to your local politicians to see what flood remediation tools they are using.

  3. Reply
    July 18, 2011 at 11:17 pm

    The maximum insurance you can get on a flood policy is $ 250,000. A link is below for more information. The link is a government website.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password