Will my credit score go up once my bankruptcy comes off my record?

Home Forums Improve Credit Will my credit score go up once my bankruptcy comes off my record?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

I filled for bankruptcy 9 1/2 years ago and have a few months left before it comes off my record. I have reestablished my credit since then and it is in good standing. Will my credit score go higher once the BK comes off?

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, when the BK comes off, your credit score should be as if it never happened. Keep in mind, if you open an account somewhere and they ask if you’ve *ever* filed bankruptcy, you still have to say yes. But for the most part, it should be behind you.

admin
    Keymaster

your score should have started recovering 5-6 yr ago – mine was back around 700, 5 yrs after chap 7 discharge – I doubt it will go much higher than it is now just from dropping off if it’s already been 9+ yrs. AND it will be on there for 120 yrs after the DISCHARGE date, not the filing date – my discharge date was 3-4 months after I filed – I’m at about the 8.5 yr mark and my score has probably been in the 680-715 range for the last 4 yrs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Satelec2003

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.