What should we do with the wallpaper over wood paneling in our living room?

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Buying Your Home What should we do with the wallpaper over wood paneling in our living room?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

My husband and i just purchased our first home and we love it! There are obviously things that we want to change, as it is an older house – and since we own the place, i am really looking forward to painting the rooms and decorating!

The only thing that i am having problems with is the downstairs living room. It is the largest room in the house – about 800sqft. It is also the only room in the house with wallpaper in it, we found out yesterday that under the wallpaper, there is that ugly dark brown wood paneling. We are spending most of our money on furnishing some of the extra rooms, redoing the two smaller bathrooms, buying lawn and garden materials and saving for those rainy days of owning your own home; So we do not want to spend a bunch of money and do the dry wall down there.

My question is, what can we do with it? I want to paint the walls and the wall paper on them now, is white with a raised pattern on it and isn’t in the best of conditions, but doesnt seem to have to many “trouble spots”. We haven’t seen all of the wood paneling but i doubt it is in the best of shape either.

I want to paint that room, badly, and i want to do it myself. What can i do about it?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password