What kind of credit score do I need to have to buy a house?

Home Forums Improve Credit What kind of credit score do I need to have to buy a house?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

I’m almost 22 and am thinking (in the beginning stages of looking, nothing too serious) of buying a house. What kind of credit score do I need to be approved for a mortgage loan? My current score is 695. I’m sure it depends on other things too. I have two credit cards and a car payment. I’m not seriously looking, and I don’t want to add another bill to my budget quite yet.I’m just wondering if that is a good score or not. What else do the mortgage loan officers look at? Thanks :)

admin
    Keymaster

You can buy a home and get a good interest rate with a credit score of 620. Family income and debt to ratio are other things a lender will look at. A home is a very good investment and in the current market you can find really good deals.

admin
    Keymaster

If your credit score is 580 or above you have options. If your credit score is 620 or above you have better options. If your credit score is 740 or above you have the best options. A 695 score will give you the same rate as a 740 with an FHA loan, but not with a conventional loan. See a loan officer to explain the differences and yuor options when you are ready.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Satelec2003

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.