What good does it do to pay for a flood cirtification at the time of a refinace??

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance What good does it do to pay for a flood cirtification at the time of a refinace??

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

WE DID A REFIANCE ABOUT 13 MONTHS AGO. MY FIRST DOES NOT REQUIRE FLOOD INSURANCE, NOW MY SECOND HAS SAID THAT IT IS A REQUIREMENT. I HAVE THE PAPERWORK FROM BOTH THE FIRST AND SECOND THAT SHOWS THAT THERE WAS A FLOOD CIRTIFICATION DONE AT THE TIME. AND EVERTHING WAS OK FOR THE LIFE OF THE LOAN. ALSO ACCORDING TO THE FEMA WEB SITE AND ALSO MY INSURANCE COMPANY WE ARE NOT LOCATED IN A FLOOD ZONE. ZONE X IS WHERE THE PROPERTY IS LOCATED. I DO NOT HAVE A ELEVATION CIRTIFICATION ON THE PROPERTY, IF I WAS TO GET ONE IT WOULD COST ME ABOUT $ 700.00. NOBODY IN OUR AREA HAS FLOOD INSURANCE, AND THERE ARE OTHER PROPERTIES THAT SET LOWER THAN OURS. EVEN THOUGH MY INSURANCE COMPANY SAID I WAS NOT IN A FLOOD ZONE. THEY SAID I COULD PURCHASE A PREFERED FLOOD ZONE COVERAGE POLICY. THIS WOULD BE ABOUT $ 350.00 DOLLARS. I DON’T UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE CONCEPT. I HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED MY FIRST ABOUT ALSO DOING MY SECOND. I’M AT A LOSS AT THIS POINT, I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYBODY HAD ANY IDEAS. THANK YOU.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password