We just opened up escrow, should I give my landlord notice?

Home Forums Mortgage Loan We just opened up escrow, should I give my landlord notice?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

Opened just today. Everything has been ready to go because we got a verbal ok a few weeks ago, we just were waiting for written. Inspections and bank appraisal done. We are supposed to close within 14 days because my husband is going on deployment a month from today. Is it safe for me to give my landlord notice? I just don’t want to end up paying a mortgage and the other half of my rent.
    If worse comes to worse, I can move to my parents house. We did a VA loan, everything is approved no problems at all, my agent is also doing our loan…just need some ideas. Thanks!

admin
    Keymaster

“If worse comes to worse, I can move to my parents house.”

With such a safety net I say notify. Without it, I say don’t, even if you may double-pay for a month.

admin
    Keymaster

Depends if you are on a lease, what you owe.
    Month to month is a 30 day notice in most states.
    If you are breaking a lease, good-luck.
    A smart person would have let there landlord know months ago.
    That way it is no shock and they might have worked with you with a heads up.
    Now you walk in and say surprise!

admin
    Keymaster

If you are on a month to month lease, if you give notice on Wed, 9/17, you will STILL owe for full month of October.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Satelec2003

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.