- May 19, 2011 at 3:02 am #25767
Opened just today. Everything has been ready to go because we got a verbal ok a few weeks ago, we just were waiting for written. Inspections and bank appraisal done. We are supposed to close within 14 days because my husband is going on deployment a month from today. Is it safe for me to give my landlord notice? I just don’t want to end up paying a mortgage and the other half of my rent.
If worse comes to worse, I can move to my parents house. We did a VA loan, everything is approved no problems at all, my agent is also doing our loan…just need some ideas. Thanks!May 19, 2011 at 3:05 am #124762
“If worse comes to worse, I can move to my parents house.”
With such a safety net I say notify. Without it, I say don’t, even if you may double-pay for a month.May 19, 2011 at 3:27 am #124763
Depends if you are on a lease, what you owe.
Month to month is a 30 day notice in most states.
If you are breaking a lease, good-luck.
A smart person would have let there landlord know months ago.
That way it is no shock and they might have worked with you with a heads up.
Now you walk in and say surprise!May 19, 2011 at 4:21 am #124764
If you are on a month to month lease, if you give notice on Wed, 9/17, you will STILL owe for full month of October.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.