SOL confusion

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit SOL confusion

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

For the past several months I’ve been trying to take steps to clean up my credit history and educate myself on how to best handle*the CAs contacting me. I’ve*reviewed my*CR and old*CC statements and it looks as though the*SOL in my state will run out on every account by the end of this month. But*as the date gets closer, I find myself worrying about whether or not I unknowingly signed a*CC agreement*that*would*subject me to*a much longer*SOL in some other state.

Would*the*FDCPA protect against*that?

Between the OCs selling to the*CAs and*their various company names and addresses, I don’t know how I could begin to confirm the SOL has run out for sure. And I don’t want to try to PFD using the expired SOL to strengthen my negotiation or use it as a defense in court only to find out it hasn’t expired at all.

Also, we did contact a few of our OCs/CAs to settle the accounts we could afford to, but one (strangely enough, the lowest account balance of all) wouldn’t budge. We had one phone conversation with them during which we said we could secure a loan from a family member to pay the original amount of the CC (1/3 of the outstanding balance), but they refused to accept anything less than twice the original balance on the card. Would that discussion restart the SOL? It’s not a huge concern because it’s the only account we could afford to pay over a reasonable period of time if push comes to shove. As a*matter of fact, it was transferred to another CA collecting on behalf of the first and they’re asking for the amount we offered now. Go figure.*

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password