Should I pay this new collection agency? The debt is over 2 years old.

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Should I pay this new collection agency? The debt is over 2 years old.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dealpal 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

dealpal
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I just got a letter from a collection agency; it’s for a debt that I owed to sprint a little over 2 years ago. It was on my Report, but I disputed it in august last year and it was removed by the credit agency.
    Now I got this letter today, it’s from a different collection*agency and they want to settle this for 70% of the original amount which was 396. I will be paying them 270, which I do not intent to do.
    *I know that these collection agencies don’t always do the right thing, and I’m wondering if they can claim that money, it’s been over 2 years.
    Also, I’m trying to rebuild my credit right now and I was thinking about settling this for $50. I don’t know if they would agree but that’s all I’m willing to pay.
    If they are in their right and*can still claim this debt, I’m willing to pay $50. I just don’t wanna have this collection back on my credit report.
    So, should I settle this after 2 years?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password