Should I Claim "0, 1 or 2" on My W4 Form?

Home Forums Mortgage Loan Should I Claim "0, 1 or 2" on My W4 Form?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

I was wondering since I just recently graduated from college in May 2011 and bought a house in September whether or not those make a difference in my W4 or Tax Refund forms?

I am also single, not paying a mortgage, working part-time (currently looking for a real job), no dependents, and I own my house with my boyfriend. Also, my student loan repayment period just began in December.

Please help! Thanks!

admin
    Keymaster

So the more you claim, the less amount of taxes that will be withheld from your check. So come the end of the year, you may owe money, especially with no dependents. Claiming 0 will give you a tax refund, but you could just put that extra money in an account that earns interest. It depends if you want more money now or at the end of the year.

admin
    Keymaster

As long as you only hold one job at a time, you can put two allowances on your W2 and should be close to having the right amount taken out. When you file your return next year you may owe a little or you may get a little back, but it will be close (usually within $ 100). If you want to make sure not to owe, file with one allowance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Satelec2003

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.