If you sell your house, do you HAVE to leave the stove? - Xmastips

If you sell your house, do you HAVE to leave the stove?

Home Forums Buying Your Home If you sell your house, do you HAVE to leave the stove?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

I’ve heard of this years ago. That if you sell your house, there HAS to be a working stove. I’m not sure if it only applies to a gas stove, not electric? Just wondering if anyone knew

admin
    Keymaster

I don’t know, but I think you should be required to leave the fridge.

admin
    Keymaster

that sounds stupid. i dont think you HAVE to leave any appliances.

admin
    Keymaster

No, you can take anything you want, just make sure that they aren’t listed in the description when you sale. Some people even take plants in the yard when they move.

admin
    Keymaster

thats stupid..its your stove.. if you bought it … its yours

admin
    Keymaster

I would check with your city’s codes/etc???

I’ve never heard of this…all I knew is if you promised to leave it then you have to!

Your realtor or A realtor might know this….

admin
    Keymaster

No, you don’t have to leave your stove. If you sold the house “as is” with appliances then you need to leave the appliances, but if you are not selling the appliances with the home, then you do not need to leave your stove. Speak with your real estate agent about these issues. If there is an obscure real-estate law in your area he/she can tell you about it Good luck on selling the house!

admin
    Keymaster

When you sell a house, everything is negotiable, including what is left after the close of escrow, etc. Generally appliances are left, but not always.

admin
    Keymaster

I think so……We are in the process of selling, and we are leaving the stove….

admin
    Keymaster

If it’s built-in, then of course it would stay. But you have to say up-front which of the appliance(s) stay or not.

admin
    Keymaster

I don’t think you have to leave anything, but check with a local realtor, they would know for sure.

admin
    Keymaster

i am pretty sure if you don’t put the stove in the description then it doesn’t have to be there. A friend of mine bought a house and there were no light switches, no fans (but places fans used ot be) no blinds no stove fridge or dishwasher…………
    i think if you let the buyers know that there isn’t astove then they will make arrangements to buy one

admin
    Keymaster

No. Your can include or exclude any appliances in the house in the counter-offer or sales contract. It is the new owner/occupant’s responsibility to have a working stove [if that is even a requirement. I’ve never heard that except for child welfare agencies.]
    Use it as a bargaining tool.

admin
    Keymaster

You should be asking your real estate agent for sure, and check your selling/purchase agreement.

My understanding is that you only have to leave what is “agreed” upon in your selling agreement. For example, you should be clear on appliances are inluded, which window fixtures, lighting, etc. Perhaps you have a garden set/gaxebo that can’t be moved, or that you don’t want to bear the cost to move – you can include that. The buyer has the option on taking it or not taking it, if they don’t want it, you do have to remove it (at your expense).

Most of the time, these items that stay or go, can be used as a bargaining tool. Sometimes, it is less effort and expense to the new owner to replace, sometimes, it is less effort and expense to keep the old one.

admin
    Keymaster

No. You don’t have to leave anything. I’d take the kitchen sink too, that way the people can say they took everything including the kitchen sink.

Besides, if the people can afford to buy a house, then they can afford new appliances. If I bought a house, I’d get rid of the stove if it was left. I just have a thing against other people’s cooties. I bleached down the entire apartment I rented including the sinks, stove, fridge, and bathtub, plus vacuumed everything at least twice before I moved ANYTHING in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Lending 3

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.