I have a few questions about raising my credit score.?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit I have a few questions about raising my credit score.?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

So, I have plans to buy a new car in the next 3-4 months. Specifically I am hoping to purchase an 07 or 08 Cobalt, and will probably put $ 700-$ 1000 down.

I am also going to spend the next few months paying some debt off. I am going to pay off 3 medical bills which are about almost $ 1,000 combined, Sprint which is about $ 285 and a tax lien which is about $ 300. In conjunction with those debts, I also have a car repo ($ 6000) and Chase bank credit card ($ 1300) which I am going to be paying $ 50 a month to each of those to lower the balance.

By paying off those debts or paying on those debts to lower the balance, will it significantly raise my credit score or only a little? My goal is to get my scores back above 600 (my long term goal is 650 for now). I feel then maybe I can be worked with a little easier. My scores currently range from 520-560. I did have 632 on Equifax, then it got wind of my car repo and it saw a major hit. 566 is my highest and that’s on Experian, but that’s cause my repo doesn’t show on that one.

Would just paying on my debts or paying them off completely raise my credit score, or is there something else I can do? I do have a few inquiries (4 or 5 of them) that are going to be coming off over the next 3-4 months. I’m just not sure what else I can do to raise my credit score above 600 other than paying off debts and just being patient. I know opening a credit card and paying on time monthly can raise your score, but I don’t know if that would help in my case. I would think it would only lower it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password