How long did it take you to close on your USDA Mortgage Loan?

Home Forums Mortgage Loan How long did it take you to close on your USDA Mortgage Loan?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

I am getting a USDA mortgage loan…. it is taking FOREVER to close. Have any of you all been through the process? The underwriting is in its 6th week. I assume once the underwritting has been done, it will just be appriasal and setting us escrow because the attorney is pretty much ready to close once they receive the paperwork and I have insurance already set up. I do not understand why it is taking soo long!!! Survey is already done as well.
    Is there any chance once it goes to USDA that it will not get approved?

admin
    Keymaster

once the loan is underwritten by the lender it must go to the USDA for their approval as well. Many many people applied for these purchase loans when they thought the tax credit was going away the end of November. In my state the USDA is now working on November 5th loans to review. It is the process and it takes time to get done when there may be hundreds of loans in their stack to be reviewed

admin
    Keymaster

Hummm the appraisal has to be done before it is finished in underwriting. I closed one yesterday for a client that took 2 months. We first have to process (meaning get income, credit, appraisal, title, insurance etc). Then it goes into lender underwriting. Once that is done it goes to RD (USDA) for final approval. In Tennessee RD is currently 30 days behind. Every state is different but 30 days is about the worse I’ve seen it. Usually it had run between 2-3 weeks. There are lots of loans going on because the rates are so good right now. I would check with your loan officer on the appraisal… maybe it’s been done already & you just didn’t know. An underwriter will not give an approval without it. Good luck!

admin
    Keymaster

I’m processing a loan right now in SC. The bank has to underwrite the loan first which could take them a week then once they do, they send it to USDA which i know in SC they are 10 business days. So right there is 3 wks minimum not including any problems or conditons that you may have to get. So… 6 wks isn’t out of the question.

admin
    Keymaster

If the appraisal has not been done and submitted to underwriting, you will be waiting and waiting and waiting.

The underwriter MUST have the appraisal in hand in order to give approval.

I can’t see how this went so wrong.

Check with your Loan Officer. It is Mortgage 101.

Good luck.

admin
    Keymaster

Very useful information about mortgage loans at

admin
    Keymaster

Well i have gone through the appraisal and the credit and the underwriter now it has been forward to the usda process and in nc we are 7 days behind i am thing may be in two weeks i shoud be closing on my loan

admin
    Keymaster

I am the seller of the home. I have sold it to one of my family members. They were pre-approved for the USDA loans several months before opting to purchase mine. I was given a closing date of Sept. 10, 2012. However, the apprasial wasn’t even done until September 12…then it all went to the underwriter..got sent back for the aprasiar to come back out and take pics a couple of weeks later…we were told if it didnt close by the 1st of October it would be another 3 weeks. We are not at the end of October and still nothing….What do I need to do? I am at my wits end with all of this…would it help if I contacted my lawyer to help speed things along… The home is in Tennessee and me and my family are in Utah…any help would be greatly appreciated…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Satelec2003

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.