How long can someone leave something on your property before it becomes yours?

Home Forums Buying Your Home How long can someone leave something on your property before it becomes yours?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

My aunt and uncle used to live at my house because they were going bankrupt and didn’t have anywhere to go. Well after eight grueling months they finally moved out but they left their boat which my uncle had bought while he lived here, it was pretty crappy when he first bought it but it has been rotting for almost a year now from being out in the weather. They are moving to Missouri now and i want to fix it up but i don’t want to do it if they can just come and get it after it’s fixed up nice.

admin
    Keymaster

Possession in 9/10 of the law…

admin
    Keymaster

Before you can lay claim to your uncle’s boat, you’ll need to notify them via registered mail that you want them to move it by a certain date (November 30, 2009, for example), or you will consider it abandoned and dispose of it. Only if the boat is still there after that date can you then take possession.

admin
    Keymaster

could you tell me if a neighbor was evicted and she left her gulf cart and 2 bikes at our propety for just a few and we have not heard nothing back how long before we can claim as ours??????? I need to go by the Florida laws I live on Bradenton Beach Fl

Thank YOu, Kelly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Satelec2003

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.