How Do I Successfully Open My Own Bakery?

Tips and Deals Forums Debt Management Debt Management How Do I Successfully Open My Own Bakery?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I am only a sophomore in high school right now but I am thinking about what I want to do when I grow up. I don’t want to grow up to sit in a cubical like everybody else. My dad told me that when he was younger, our town used to have a bakery. He just remembers his grandma buying him the best cut out cookies and walking home with them in a little brown bag. I thought about how great it would be to help people make memories like that. I have always loved cooking and baking at home for my family. I am willing to work extremely hard and I love running things and being in charge of things. I have been looking up online what I would need to run a bakery. Everybody keeps saying I don’t need any degree. I am not willing to just graduate from high school and throw all this money into a bakery to have it fail and leave me with debt and no degree! I am thinking of getting a bachelors degree in business, probably something like small business management or something. Then maybe I would take online classes to get some sort of pastry degree because I want some knowledge of baked goods. This way if, God forbid, this bakery doesn’t work out, I could get a different job. I was wondering what degrees I should get? I also want to know any other tips you have for me? P.S. I am not willing to relocate and I want to make a bakery in my small town that hasn’t had one since my dad was younger, so we are talking like 30 years ago!! Thanks for any input!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password