How do I know if someone stole my social security number? - Xmastips

How do I know if someone stole my social security number?

Home Forums Mortgage Loan How do I know if someone stole my social security number?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

I recently posted to my credit report to 3 different credit companies and also check if the credit cards. 2 of credit rating agencies asked “For security reasons please answer the following questions: It seems you have a mortgage recently, please let us know the amount and the loan was done with .. Now, I opened * NOT * any type of mortgage. No loan at all a fact. Then I answer “None” and it still rejects me say that information does not match what they on record. If they do not ask these questions, then I get a credit card and / or can check my credit rating. Does this mean that someone can open a mortgage loan under my name and information Social Security How do I know, safe or not and if they did that I get caught?
    Unless you contact the consumer protection …. I have a letter from Countrywide Mortgage inform me and millions of others to hold a mortgage with them a former employee received personal data from its defeated mortgagee (ie me and millions of others) and that they wanted a year 2 free credit monitoring to ensure that my identity will not be used to offer, but by me. My wife is on the account with me and if they confirm the information on this letter, she asked him for the last four digits of your social security number to talk with them … they were, but they had a 6th place in a file 8. Now we consider two different mortgage with them on two different properties, so they asked to verify the account of others and he was correct. Countrywide insisted that the original documentation was wrong when my wife signed, but we check our mortgage documents and W9 form 4506 request for copies or transcripts of tax form and the uniform of home loan application, all right. Countrywide employees who receive incorrect information on a mortgage. Now they are invited to send in e-mail a copy of their Social Security card, a copy of their ID card with photo and a new signed W9. We also refuse you threatened my wife, please. I asked him if I should die and my wife needed to make some adjustments to make the mortgage, are they capable? It clearly says: No, but I do not ask, was … if my wife or the responsibility of the mortgage, their credentials is completely wrong for my wife? I think not. The question is: What would you do and how you solve this problem without the additional personal data in danger I have a hard letter, no e-mail. From this I contacted my account number to the account number to confirm. In addition, I returned to my original closing documents and they were right, as indicated by the telemarketer, but they argued that since these ex-employees to steal information, they did not attach more about the phone. I know they had a mistake, you know, it’s a mistake, but it does not move. I am persistent, they communicate with each week until I talk with the possibility of prosecuting someone for this range, even if they tell you they will submit to a supervisor and rep just another phone ! Frustrated, I thought why consumers should be informed … ? Or someone else I also asked if they ever do audit to confirm that distribute literature person is done correctly, it is clear that they Scot: I have a letter from Countrywide prove they are for a copy of my actual social security card to ask, but I’m not stupid, I fight my way to the top of their job to solve this! Thank you

admin
    Keymaster

Call the local credit bureau listed in the phone book and talk to a person.

admin
    Keymaster

Sometimes they will ask that question to see if it really IS you. YOU know if you opened an account taking out a mortgaage loan. since you are putting in “none” and its still rejecting it, I would suggest calling the credit companies (the 3 major ones) and asking questions. You can also go to like a bank or mortage company and run your credit through them and get a copy of your report. That way you have it on paper and are looking at the information. From there you can call the company it says you have the loan with, or if there is even a loan open.

Good luck.

admin
    Keymaster

Countrywide is so screwed up, that I would try and get another mortgage somewhere to pay them off. People are losing faith in Countrywide, and taking their money out.

admin
    Keymaster

I would leave it as it is. You tried to correct the problem and they wouldn’t listen. If you died she would still have to pay the mortgage though, unless she doesn’t want to keep the home.

admin
    Keymaster

“I have received a letter from Countrywide Mortgage…”

A hard letter in the mail or an e-mail? If you replied to an e-mail you may have deepened your liability. YIKES!!! You could have let them into ALL your data!!

admin
    Keymaster

Ok…here is what you don’t understand:

They are not going to change the information without PROOF that it’s incorrect…your wife stating so verbally over the phone isn’t going to do it.

You have three choices:

1. Leave the social security number AS-IS…which means it won’t be a part of your wife’s credit profie.

2. Leave the social security number AS-IS, which also means your wife won’t get to jointly deduct mortgage interest.

3. Send them the information that they request (don’t do this without reading my PS).

Advice:

BE SURE that you call the number on your BILLING statement to verify the information and not the number that came with the letter.

Any scam artist can put any phone number on a letter and answer, “Countrywide” when you call them.

PS: I have never, ever seen a mortgage in my career close with an incorrect social security number. I am seriously questioning the authenticity of the letter. Social security numbers are used to pull the credit, and they are double and triple checked against several documents that you turn in such as W-2’s, paystubs, plus a search to verify the authenticity of the SS#. This is further verified by the closing agent.

Countrywide also images the entire file. That means if they have a copy of your credit report, W-2, etc and you claim that the number is incorrect, they can go back and independently verify this information….they don’t need you to send them anything.

Go back and review ALL of your closing documents. They are all generated by the same computer program. If the closing documents are correct, then Countrywide doesn’t need you to send them anything and I would keep going up the ladder until you can get someone to review the original mortgage file.

If it is incorrect on all of your original closing documents, then it’s a very, very rare error.

admin
    Keymaster

A company will never ask for a copy of your Social Security card as it is illegal to copy these documents.

They have a hard copy of other information they can check against.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Lending 3

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.