How can I raise my credit score in 4-5 months?

Home Forums Improve Credit How can I raise my credit score in 4-5 months?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

Right now my score is 610. I have 7 credit cards and 2 auto loans. My overall utilization is 25%. I have just shy of a two year credit history and an average of 10 months. I have no derogatory remarks and have never had a late payment. Any tips on raising my credit score? And any idea of where I can see all three credit scores without having to sign up for “free” trials? Thanks! Also, I use Credit Karma to track my report and score

admin
    Keymaster

Take out tons of tiny loans on shit that you can easily afford, and then pay it off on the first payment, if not the next day. If done repeatedly (on a daily basis, maybe more than once per day even) it will skyrocket your credit score. It will be a hassle, and it will probably piss off your bank, but there is no law against it. Knock yourself out.

admin
    Keymaster

The only thing you can do that might help is to pay down all cards to get your utilization down to zero.
    -The main problems dragging your score down are a too short of a credit history and probably too many open credit cards and loans outstanding.
    - Credit Karma is only an estimation of your credit score and it should never be used as an accurate measure. There is a chance that the 610 estimate might be way off the mark. Credit scores are not free. Never use any site offering a “free” credit score that wants your credit card #s. These sites making canceling virtually impossible and your card will for sure get charged. If you want the real FICO credit score you’ll have to buy it. You can get your one time only score for $ 20 at:

admin
    Keymaster

A credit score is based on a 12 month activity and goes up 5 to 10% per month providing you are paying on time. In another 12 months you should have a good score (660/749).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Satelec2003

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.