Does this price quote seem reasonable for a new HVAC unit installed?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Does this price quote seem reasonable for a new HVAC unit installed?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years ago.

• Author

Anonymous

My house got struck by lightning a couple of weeks ago and it completely burned out the air conditioner and furnace. Fortunately, home owner’s insurance is covering the cost. I’ve gotten one quote but have no idea if it’s good or not. I live in Tennessee and have approx 1600 sq feet with 3 beds/2 baths downstairs and 1 bedroom & bath upstairs, along with a storage room over the garage. The quote is for a New 4 ton York Split System with R-410A for $ 5238 installed. Does this seem like a reasonable amount? What about the York unit? Is it a good unit? Is there another unit that might work better in this house for the bedroom and bathroom that’s upstairs? It stays so hot upstairs in the summer but I cannot afford to have 2 units installed.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am completely lost in all of this. BTW My house was built in 1998 and I have a 4 ton Carrier that has been worked on every year that I have lived in this house so I will never even consider getting a Carrier.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password