Does homeowners insurance cover foundation problems?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Does homeowners insurance cover foundation problems?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Our house was flooded in 1996, we bought it in 2008. The flood damage is getting more obvious by the day. To sell the house they cheaply covered up everything that was wrong and now is all falling apart, the kitchen floor rotted through, the living room floor is like a hill some of the walls are not quite 90 degrees…the list can go on forever. But my question is…my foundation looks like it is slowly moving and some cracks are so big you can put you’re finger in there, if I would get somebody to look at it and if they determin that it is dangerous would my homeowners insurance cover it? Now one important thing is that we live in a flood zone and have a flood insurance as well and because it is s flood zone our house is build accordingly, which means that around the house along the walls is the cement foundation but under the house are cement blocks which have two by fours standing on them holding the actual house.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password