- May 5, 2011 at 1:51 pm #204858AnonymousInactive
I needs to know.
- May 6, 2011 at 11:32 pm #263559AnonymousInactive
It makes it look pretty bad for a little while, but if you’re responsible with a small limit credit card and pay it off every month, that’ll boost your credit in a hurry if you happen to file for chapter 7. Still doens’t change the fact that your credit will show you filed and won’t be able to get too many loans until 2 years after discharge from bankruptcy.
- May 7, 2011 at 12:18 am #265703Marie AndersMember
I would start from scratch if you’re having problems.
you’ll get your first credit card offer in a year or two after filing
If you’re falling behind on payments then it depends, I’m sure that after awhile your score will drop really low.
- May 12, 2011 at 7:04 am #274094Florrie XiongMember
Bankruptcy may help your personal financial situation, but it will hurt your credit for many years to come. It will remain on your credit report for up to 10 years.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.