Credi card fraud question?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Credi card fraud question?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

My license got stolen last week and i reported it with my town police. I found out a few dayss ago someone used my license number at a store to purchase items with someone elses credit card. But now its a huge mess, cause they have my license number in their receit with that stolen card. Thinking it was me. What should i do? I already reported it to the police. But does anytone know what usually happens in this situation and whats the odds of catching the criminal.

Anonymous

Checking yourreport through annualcreditreport.com will not affect your score. If you look at your own credit it is called a “soft” pull. If you are applying for credit, i.e. car loan, credit card, mortgage and the creditor checks your credit that is a “hard” pull and does affect your credit.

You cannot get a free credit score you always have to pay.

Anonymous

You will ruin it.

Anonymous

Your own inquiry will not affect your credit score. You should request it from the three credit bureaus, Experian, Equipax, and Transunion. The cost is $ 7.75 dollars for each of the three.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password