Can I get pre-qualified for a mortgage loan without a pull of my credit?

Home Forums Mortgage Loan Can I get pre-qualified for a mortgage loan without a pull of my credit?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

I had been pre-qualified (or pre-approved, they never told me which) back in May 2008. I had a letter which stated I was pre-approved for a mortgage loan, and I started looking for a home.
    The letter expired in September, and before it did, I called the lender to get it extended. They said I would have to re-apply.
    I don’t want to get either a prequal or pre-approval done again if they’re going to pull my credit and lower my score again. If I find a home within a few months, then I expect to have my credit pulled once more when I actually apply for the loan.
    Are there any lenders that pre-qualify without pulling credit?
    Thanks.

admin
    Keymaster

No. You can get pre-approved without a credit score, but that’s less accurate than a pre-qualification since it’s based solely on what you tell the lender rather than your actual financial data.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Satelec2003

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.