balance transfer credit cards?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards balance transfer credit cards?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

my situation… i have built up about a $22K credit line since i turned 18 7 years ago. i always made payments on time and until about a year ago was only carrying a balance of a couple thousand dollars. about a year ago, i lost my job and after about 6 months of RELUCTANTLY living off credit cards, i found myself in about a $15K hole. also, i now have 4 or 5 30 day late blemishes on my report. for the last 6 months, high interest rates and such have made it hard to reduce this amount any, so i still owe about $15K with about $22K total credit available. i have been worried about how applying for more credit could affect my score and thus, subsequent loans. would 0% balance transfer cards be worth looking into? can i get a card or cards for that high of an amount? has anybody been in a similar position? any worthwhile advice? thanks for your help.
    i was unemployed for about 6 months, but HAVE been employed for about the last 6 months – made payments on time and everything all the while

Anonymous

Bad idea. Just fix it yourself.

Anonymous

Be careful this may be a a sign for the company to drop you I work for Allstate and it depends on how many claims you have already put in with the company and how long you have been with them. Also what is your homeowners deductible that is a factor as well you may be able to put in the claim but do not be surprised if your insurance goes up. I am not to sure about Farmer’s though but most companies run along the very same lines in terms of underwriting rules.

Anonymous

It’s very likely they will be able to nonrenew your policy, depending on what state you are in.

You might want to get someone in and find out what the extent of the damage is, for this water damage claim – if it’s significant – over $ 3,000 or so, you should probably file the claim anyway. OR, you can talk it over with your agent, “hypothetically”.

Anonymous

Was the damage from a sudden, one-time leak, or did the dishwasher leak repeatedly over a period of time?
    If it leaked repeatedly over a period of time, there’s no coverage anyway, and no point in turning in a claim.

Anonymous

You can easily check your quotes in internet, for example here – homeinsurance.awardspace.us

Anonymous

You can easily check your quotes in internet, for example here – homeinsurance.awardspace.us

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password