Are unsecured credit cards really a good way to increase your score?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit Are unsecured credit cards really a good way to increase your score?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I am trying to increase my credit score- I’ve paid down all credit cards to nearly a $ 0 balance. I don’t need them but I keep them open for the purpose of increasing my score. I went through a tough time this past year almost losing my home. I was able to modify my loans after 4 months of working with the mortgage company. I got behind on the credit cards for a while but I’ve paid them all down. My score either jumps up 30 points or goes down 30 points! I realized I have an unpaid collection account (paid today actually). I’d like to get an secured credit card and just keep at $ 0 balance. I know that I’d be setting my own limit but is this a good way to maintain credit? I hate having terrible credit and I want to get my score back to where it was a year ago. I know it will take some time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password