approx what percentage do real estate agents get when they sell your home?

Home Forums Buying Your Home approx what percentage do real estate agents get when they sell your home?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

admin
    Participant

i live in pa and want to sell but i want to make sure i at least make 15,000 on it. what estimated number do they receive? is it better to do a sale by owner?

admin
    Keymaster

Real estate commissions generally vary between 5% – 7% of the gross sales price on residential sales. The total commission is split between the selling broker and the listing broker. The brokers generally give the sales person half of whatever the broker takes in but that can vary a bit.

If you sell a home for $ 100,000 that was listed by someone else your share would normally be about $ 1,500. If you listed a home and someone else sold it, you’d also get $ 1,500. If you listed AND sold the house, you’d get $ 3,000. Those are based on an average 6% commission.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review are closed.

About Satelec2003

We own a network of content-rich, proprietary websites focused on specific vertical categories, including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards and other personal finance categories. Through this network, as well as co-branded web sites hosted by our network of 90+ online distribution partners, we provide the tools and information via a suite of products and services that can help consumers make better informed financial decisions.