Almost There…Question??

Tips and Deals Forums Home Mortgage Almost There…Question??

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

We closed our old home last Friday at 11:30 am.* Our last condition on our new home loan was to provide a re-instated VA Certificate of Eligibility and HUD statement to the broker.*
    Done…did that by 12:30 and asked the broker if he could get us the clear to close by the lender by end of business on Friday?* A clear to close would allow us to occupy the*new home until closing.* *He stated “NO” and we would have to wait until Tuesday (not sure why).* Not sure why he couldn’t make a quick phone call and get us that “clear”.*** We have been through sheer torture these last few weeks and are now homeless in a sense.* The builder let us put our stuff in the new house.* But now that our contingency is gone for sale of current house…they want us to close this week.* Trust me….so do I…
    My guy refuses to put any sense of urgency behind this situation.* My kids cannot go to school because we are not residents yet and I am at witt’s end.
    How long does it take to go from last condition (DONE) to Clear to actual closing?* Our broker is saying up to 10 days.* We started this process on 1/9 and I’ve had enough!
    In the mean time we have had a lender #2 (guy #1 is not very professional or nice) in our back pocket.* He said they could close us if we get the VA appraisal transferred over to them and doesn’t think a Friday close would be an issue.* The difference is that they have a $695 processing and $395 underwriting fee which the other guy does not have.
    Either way if we do not close by Friday they start charging us a fee per day.
    I need this to be behind me.
    Any advice?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password